National Weather Service Information for the Marin County area as of 01/17/17:
Three storm systems will impact the San Francisco Bay Area from Weds through this weekend. Rainfall amounts from these systems will not be nearly as wet as the storms from last week but the ground is still quite saturated and these rains could produce minor hydro issues.
IMPACTS *Impact 1 (Widespread rainfall Weds thru Friday) : • Rainfall through Friday 1-2 inches lower elevations 2-4 hills
• Evening commute on Weds to be impacted
• Impacts to the Friday commutes as well
• Urban and small stream flooding likely as front moves through
*Impact 2 (Gusty southerly winds): see attached image.
• Wind Advisory posted Weds for wind gusts 40-50 mph
*Impact 3 (Large Surf arrives Fri and Sat):
• NW Swell will build through midweek with 20 foot plus seas behind the second system due to arrive Friday and Saturday. High Surf Advisories may be needed later in the week.
· Moderate to high on precip, wind,
rainfall, surf and timing TIMING
precipitation will begin in the North Bay midday Wednesday then spread south
during the evening. Moderate to locally heavy rain expected for a 3-6 hour
period. Lingering showers Thursday.
increase Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Another storm is
expected to bring rain Thursday night into Friday. A third system is expected
to bring rain on Sunday with showers on Monday.
Where to buy sandbags in Marin County
Shamrock Materials (415) 455-1575 548 DuBois St., San Rafael
Martin Bros (415) 388-2025 232 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley
Pini Hardware (415) 892-1577 1535 S. Novato Blvd., Novato,
Water Components (415) 451-1780 44 Simms Street, San Rafael
Goodman Building Supply (415) 388-6233 775 Redwood Highway, Mill Valley
Note: this list is provided for information only and does not constitute an endorsement of these companies.