By selecting “Register Now”, you affirm that you agree with our terms and conditions.
* Simplified Registration allows registration by filling out a brief online form. Complex Registration is much more involved, but allows you to login to the system to change your info yourself. If you have any difficulties or questions, please call OES at 415-473-6584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Alert Marin
If you live, work or go to school in Marin County, you may now register your cell phone or VoIP (voice over internet protocol) phone to receive emergency alerts sent by call, text, email, or smartphone application from the County of Marin.
Listed and unlisted/blocked Marin County landline phone numbers are already included in our emergency notification system. Cell phone and VoIP numbers are not included and will require your registration in our Self-Registration Portal.
The caller ID for AlertMarin is 415-473-6376. AlertMarin also sends emergency notifications via SMS (Text). The SMS short codes used by our system is 88911. Many smartphones will also allow you to add both of these to your contacts as "AlertMarin" and as favorites so that you will see "AlertMarin" on your phone's display when receiving an alert.
Help us get the word out. Download our "Get Emergency Alerts" poster today !
Register Multiple Marin Locations
Perhaps you live in Marin, but work outside the County. Or you work and go to school in Marin, but live outside the County. You may list up to five addresses per profile where you wish to receive notifications such as home, work, child’s school, or relatives home. Your profile may contain up to 2 SMS (text) devices, two email addresses, a TTY device, four phone numbers (including a mobile phone) and a work phone. You may also download the Everbridge application from your Apple iOS or Android device.
Do you need to update your locations? We have created a guide to help you through the process. The guide can be found here.
Be Sure You are Registered to Get the Emergency Call, Text & Email
Emergency officials use the AlertMarin Emergency Notification System to deliver incident-specific information or potentially life-saving instruction to the precise geographic area(s) affected. Emergency situations may include:
- flooding, wildfires, and subsequent evacuations;
- public safety incidents including crimes that affect your neighborhood;
- post-disaster information about shelters, transportation, or supplies.
To register for any city/area listed below, please click on the "Register Now" button above
- Corte Madera
- Mill Valley
- San Anselmo
- San Rafael
- Unincorporated Areas
What is the difference between Alert Marin and Nixle? They are both electronic emergency notification systems, but each system serves a different purpose.
When do we use Alert Marin?
- When ACTION is needed at a SPECIFIC ADDRESS or NEIGHBORHOOD
- Imminent flooding, wildfires, and evacuations with life safety implications
- During-event information about evacuation routes, shelters, transportation
- Other public safety incidents where lives may be at risk
When do we use Nixle?
- When INFORMATION is needed in a ZIP CODE
- Road closures, general updates, issues affecting larger areas
- Post-disaster information about shelters, transportation, or supplies
- Police activity and general public safety information
To receive Alert Marin notifications, click/tap the Register Now button above. To receive Nixle notifications, text your zip code to 888-777.