Shooting Investigation Update:
Elijah Lee Howard, age 38, Marin City, CA.
Henry Devon Walker, age 40, Marin City, CA.
On Wednesday February 6th at about 4:30 pm, deputies patrolling the area on Cole Drive in Marin City were flagged down by community members reporting gunshots being heard. Deputies in the area were actively investigating the incident, gathered a description of the possible suspect vehicle. A short time later, deputies found the vehicle and attempted to stop it for further investigation. A pursuit ensued and the suspect(s) threw an object thought to be a firearm from the vehicle. The chase concluded in the area of Pacheco Street and Drake Avenue in Marin City. Henry Devon Walker stayed in the vehicle and was taken into custody. Elijah Lee Howard fled into a nearby residence.
The Marin County Sheriff's Office Hostage Negotiations Team, assisted by the California Highway Patrol, Sausalito Police Department and the Sheriff's Office Small Unmanned Aerial System unit, negotiated with the subject that was barricaded inside the residence for over an hour. Elijah Lee Howard peacefully surrendered and he was taken into custody around 6:00pm. A search of the area where the object was discarded during the pursuit produced a .22 caliber Taurus handgun.
A search of Howard’s residence resulted that he was in possession of an AR15 assault rifle, a high capacity magazine (100 rounds), 30 round magazine and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.
Howard was booked into the Marin County Jail on the following charges:
- 29800 (A)(1) PC- Felon in possession of a firearm
- 25400 (C)(1) PC- Felon carrying a concealed firearm
- 25400 (C)(6) PC- Carrying a loaded firearm
- 30305 (A)(1) PC- Felon in possession of ammunition
- 246.3 PC- Negligent discharge of a firearm
- 32310 PC- Possession of a large capacity magazine
Henry was booked into the Marin County Jail on the following charges:
- 29800 (B) PC- Felon possess firearm
- 30305 (A)(1) PC- Person owning ammunition
- 25400 (A)(1) PC- Carry concealed weapon in vehicle
- 25850 (C)(1) PC- Carry loaded firearm with felony convictions
- 135 PC- Destroy evidence
- 11377 (A) HS-Possess controlled substance
If you were a witness to this incident or have information that would help investigators, please call 415-479-2311
Press inquiries can be made to Sergeant Brovelli, 415-797-2340