Welcome to the Marin County Sheriff’s Office Online Police Reporting System.
Using this online police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the online submitted police report for free.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using the Marin County Sheriff’s Office Online Reporting System you can report the following incidents or request the specified service:
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Theft from Vehicles
- Vacation House Checks
- Vehicle Tampering
Please confirm the following to find out if online police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident is not actively in progress?
- This incident occurred within the Marin County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction, in the unincorporated areas of Marin County?
- There are no known suspects?
- There is no physical evidence left at the scene?
- This did not occur on a State Freeway/Highway?
- This did not occur within the city limits of any of the following cities: Novato, San Rafael, Larkspur, Corte Madera, Fairfax, San Anselmo, Ross, Mill Valley, Tiburon, Belvedere or Sausalito.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online.
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered "no" to any of the questions please look at our Online Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section. (Green banner below)
- Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records. (only reports submitted online are available to be printed)
- Please Note:
- All cases filed using the Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
Filing a false police report
is a crime. The Marin County Sheriff’s Office will aggressively prosecute false
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples by clicking "Read More" below. Please click on “Start Filing Report” button to begin filing your report.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Marin County Sheriff’s Office Communication Center at 415-479-2311 (emergency 9-1-1) to file your report. You may also read our FAQ's about Online Reporting by clicking the green banner below.