On February 26th, 2019 around 0919 in the morning, A Sergeant patrolling the rain soaked hills of Tamalpais Valley located a parked and unoccupied suspicious vehicle. While looking into the vehicle from the outside, the Sergeant could see a white substance visible in plain view that he believed to be a controlled substance (drugs). In addition, the handle of a firearm could be seen sticking out from under the seat of the vehicle.
Believing that the occupant of the vehicle could possibly be burglarizing residences, vehicles or on foot in the area, an area search by the Sergeant and other Deputies was completed. No one was located.
Members of the Sheriff’s Office developed a plan in an attempt to contact the owner of the vehicle who was from out of the area to get him to return to the vehicle. While working on this plan, the owner of the vehicle arrived and was detained for further investigation of the vehicle.
During a search of the vehicle the following was located: A Loaded 9mm Glock 19 under the driver seat with a high capacity magazine, AR-15 loaded with armor piercing rounds in a high capacity magazine and another box of around 100 armor piercing rounds, multiple bags of suspected cocaine, over an ounce of suspected heroin, approximately one pound of suspected marijuana, large amounts of US currency, a digital scale, a window punch tool, and multiple cell phones.
Garcia-Calloway was booked into the Marin County Jail on the following charges:
- 466 PC – Possession of burglary tools
- 11350 (A) HS – Possession of controlled substance
- 11351 HS – Possess controlled substance for sale
- 11352 HS – Transport/sell controlled substance
- 11359 HS – Possess marijuana for sale
- 25850 (C)(6) PC – Carrying loaded firearm
- 11370.1 (A) HS –Possess controlled substance while armed
- 25400(A)(1) PC – Carrying concealed firearm in a vehicle
- 29610 PC – Possession of a concealed firearm by minor
- 32310 PC – Possession of a large capacity magazine
Press inquiries can be made to Sergeant Brovelli at 415-797-2340 or Sergeant Schneider at 628-888-9398.